Ordination has three stages:
- An individual, sensing the call of God and the church to pastoral ministry, is first licensed as a local ministerial candidate. The call is affirmed by service in the local church where initial training begins.
- Step two involves acceptance by the annual conference as a conference ministerial candidate. The candidate also prepares for the third step through course work and service.
- In the third step a candidate is elected to ordination as an elder and becomes a full conference member.
- Click here to fill out our ordination form.
Some of your required courses are offered through the Free Methodist World Ministries Center (both online courses and correspondence courses). Please call 317-244-3660 and ask for Debra Hancock to make a payment for a course (at $50 per credit hour) using either a debit or credit card. In a correspondence course (which is 8 months long), you choose your own start date with your instructor. See the schedule below for our online courses (which are 7 weeks long).
2020 Course Registration schedule July 21, 2020, September 8, 2020 and October 27, 2020
Click here to register for your course. Thank you.
The Department of Leadership Development is committed to assisting the church:
- Discover lay, pastoral and educational leaders
- Connect leaders to the church in a meaningful relationship, and
- Equip leaders for effective ministry in the world.
- Call 317-244-3660 if you have questions.